Search and see if I have already answered your question.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Celebrate

Ok, let’s talk about excuses. First, I know some of you are nervous about that first meeting. However, if you follow my 20 minute meeting rule, the stress is much reduced. Ok, don’t listen to me. Do it your way. So, you are waiting for the appointed hour to meet you next heartthrob. Heck, most of the time, I am thrilled if I end up meeting the person I was originally destined to meet or at least one who looks close to the posted pictures.
Nerves are high and tension may be running. You constantly check your breath and check to see if you have a bat in your cave. Have you checked your teeth? Geesh, you did have broccoli for lunch! All joking aside, you are nervous. It stands to reason. So, thirty minutes before you leave, everything is ready to go, you get a text.
“I am sick. Been throwing up all day. Going to the doctor.”
So, what do you do? Become despondent? Send an email saying “If you have been throwing up all day, why couldn’t you have let me know two hours ago?” Or, do nothing?  Here is what I say! Go out; treat yourself to the best meal in the world. Enjoy a great glass of wine (if you so choose) and surround yourself with atmosphere.
At the end of the day, half of the excitement is getting out and doing new things and meeting new people. It is all about new experiences. Why deny yourself such a gift? You just avoided someone who would not treat you the way you should be treated.
Celebrate!
Much love,
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment