Search and see if I have already answered your question.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Helllooooo...... Where are you?

Hello there fellow online daters….  You would think by now I would have seen just about everything, and to be realistic, I pretty much have. I am rarely surprised about what I see and hear through online dating, but from time to time, I sit and just stare at my computer screen with my head cocked to the side- like a dog listening to a high-pitched whistle.  
“Why?” I mean, “Really, I want to know why?”  Why do individuals send an email, telling me or one of my clients how wonderful they are….how attractive they are….or how eloquently written their profile is…. Subsequently, we exchange an email or two and then extend our mutual phone numbers with the enticement of a phone interview… I mean, phone conversation…. However, the call never comes.  “Why?” Why did I give you my number and you give me yours, only to never hear back?
To this, I have no answers. My best guess includes the following options:
1.       The other party found someone hotter, better, richer, cuter, more willing to “do stuff.”
2.       Oopsey, we have another married one!
3.       Eh, it was only a game- just fishin’ to see if I could catch anything.
4.       Life was too busy, which is what prompted the other person to online dating to begin with. The reality is, he/she should never have started the venture to begin with.
5.       You thought about it and he came to the realization that I am just too much woman for him to handle, so he chickens out.
6.       Uh, Oh, I know… They are a twit, just out to waste my time?
At the end of the day, online dating- to me- is a game of odds. X-number of emails, equals X-number of calls, equals X-number of meetings, equals X-number of dates, equals ONE decent relationship. It’s a number’s game, and the “duh, I am not going to call” scenario is just one of those numbers.
Well, onto another one…and another….and another….
Much Love,
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment